Lead scrubbing is the term, which is being attributed to the process of removing non-legitimate leads in Pay Per Lead offers, which most adult affiliate porgrams offer to affiliates. Advertisers, affiliate networks, lead buyers or any other industry, which deals with lead generation or prospective leads and potential consumer interest, set forth criteria to define what constitutes a legitimate lead from a non-legitimate one. So, what generally constitutes a non-legitimate lead?
- “bogus” entries (e.g., fake email submissions, “[email protected]“ and so on.)
- inaccurate or falsified info
- duplicate submissions (based on IP address)
- fraudulent activity
- leads generated through Spam and other Terms of Service infringing techniques
- duplicate leads generated solely to take advantage of offered bonus being offered to new users